Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Why the title of my blog?????




























As I was setting up this blog site, I had trouble thinking of a name. I wanted something to play off our family name. I've always heard the phrase "living the life of Riley", but wasn't sure of the full meaning. So, of course you can find anything on the web, so I did a little research, and here's what I found. There was a radio comedy series in the 1940's and then a TV show in the 50's called "The Life of Riley". But the phrase "living the life of Riley" means you have an ideal life of prosperity and contentment. So, I had to wonder, does this really apply to the crazy life of my family. The answer is "yes", but only because of our dependence on Jesus Christ. Because of what He has done for me and my family, we truly are prosperous and do have internal contentment when the world around us seems so out of control. I have been thinking about this as Thanksgiving approaches, because so many families are struggling. We may have a tight budget, but God always provides for our needs and we really don't have it so bad. So, this season, I'm thankful that because of Christ, our family is truly "living the life of Riley".

P.S. here are a few pictures from our October vacation to San Francisco.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Welcome! Although blogging is a lotta pressure ya know. Can't wait to read more.

suzie said...

kim, i am so proud of you! I actually just started my blog last week too! it's lots of fun and addicting! got to be careful there! mine is mcmahonmaniacs.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Yay! I am glad you decided to join us in the world of blogging.

LadyBirdsNest said...

Hey Kim!!! I am so excited that you are going to blog so I can keep up with you!!!! Love and miss you!!! Here is my blog and Lindsey's www.ladybirdsnest.blogspot.com and www.leavesmespeechless.blogspot.com

mandy said...

Who's the man with the belly?