Thursday, November 20, 2008

Katie's birthday weekend






















This entry is a little late, but since I just started this blog I have an excuse. But I did want to write about Katie's 10th birthday that was on October 26. Boy, was it a busy weekend. She had a party on Friday night the 24th. Three of her friends came over at 4:30. We then went to the school's fall carnival after eating pizza. We got home around 7 and opened presents and had cake and ice cream (notice the movie party theme). Then we left home around 9:00 to attend the 10:00 opening night movie of "High School Musical 3". Since Katie was turning 10, she wanted to go to a 10:00 movie. I was the lucky one to go and shut the theater down at 12:30 am. They finally went to sleep at 4 am and then were up at 7 am on Saturday morning. It wouldn't have been so bad, but we had to be at church at 3:00 Saturday to work our annual mission outreach project. We stayed there until 8 pm. Sunday morning was Katie's birthday and she was baptized in the worship service. So we were really celebrating 2 birthdays!!! Then that afternoon we worked at the church's trunk-or-treat from 3-6 pm while Sarah performed in the black light puppet show. Could we have possibly done anything else during the weekend?? It was busy, and we were so tired, but a wonderful celebration for Katie. I just can't believe my baby is 10!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how many days did it take for you to recuperate after that weekend? Give Katie a bday hug from us.

mandy said...

I guess that's why I never hear from you Huh? I'm very proud of Katie!!