Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me......(yesterday)!

Yesterday was my 43rd birthday. Wow, how can that be? My Mom was remembering the 40th anniversary of the moon landing on July 20, 1969. She says I was sitting in a rocking chair watching with her on t.v. The same chair is still in her house and both of my babies have rocked in it.

I somewhat had a 3 day celebration. Don and Sarah left for Mission Trip on Sunday morning, so they weren't here with me on Monday for the official day. Friday night, Don and I enjoyed a brief date out. Saturday I did laundry and packing while he and Sarah attended a last training day. That night my Mom and her friend (and mine) Mary Ann came over for dinner. We went to Pei Wei. We had some cheesecake and presents when we got home, and then more packing. Sunday morning I took Sarah and Don to church at 6:30 a.m., then came back home to get ready for church. The Merge students that I help lead on Sunday mornings honored me and 2 other July birthdays with a song! When I got up Monday, Katie gave me the sweetest letter and then led me on a scavenger hunt for another present. We had lunch at Panda Express, took a nap, went to Hobby Lobby, WalMart, and then dinner at Chili's! I enjoyed my day with Katie.

Don got me a new cell phone which I had told him I didn't need, but now love it! It has a full keyboard for easier texting (important with a teenage daughter) and also internet access for my emails. The girls gave me a picture frame, a notepad and pen with my initial "K" on it.

All in all it was a good weekend. I missed Don and Sarah on Monday, but they are doing far greater work in an area that needs them more than I do. I've posted some pictures on Facebook that Don has sent by his phone. Take a look or wait for next week when they get back and I'll update here about their trip.


Yummy cheesecake. The best part was a big cake was not left behind for me to be tempted by all week!!!

It only took Don 3 times to figure out how the camera timer works...worth the wait!

Katie and I at Chili's. This was taken with my new phone.

Katie was so excited when we got free birthday dessert. She says we're going back there for her birthday! See knows a deal when she tastes it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Day, I love following the blog!

suzie said...

Happy belated Birthday!!! Love you!!