Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A week of grief

What a week the Riley family has had. Last Wednesday morning I got a call from Don saying our friend Tony Johann had died. He had been undergoing cancer treatment, but no one was expecting him to die. He was 48 years old and shared the same birthday as Don - that was surreal to read in the obituary February 11, 1961. Then on Thursday night my Mom called to tell me that my cousin's 40 year old husband died. Maybe a heart attack, but don't know yet. I'm still in shock that two young fathers are gone. I've never had to try and schedule our time for two funerals in a matter of 24 hours. Right now I can't even express in words the grief our family feels. Please pray for both families. My cousin is Lori and her children are Hayden (1o) and Lauren (6). My other cousin Melany just posted on her blog and her words so capture my thoughts (click on her blog under "blogs I read"). Give your husband a hug today. Hold on to your children. Make sure you know your eternal destination. Life is way too short.



Here are the latest pictures of Sarah and Katie. Aren't they growing up so fast? For my friends who have small kids - cherish the days with them because they do grow up in the blink of an eye. I realize I only have a few short years left for them to be under my roof. I pray I will make the most of that time to guide them to become godly women.

No comments: