Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Something's wrong with this picture!



So here's a peek at what our Wii family looks like....do you see the resemblance? Well, I'm here to tell you that I'm in need of encouragement. I've been faithfully tracking my weight on the Wii Fit since January. I've been doing Weight Watchers for the same amount of time as well. I've been working out (on the Wii Fit and the gym) and have lost 15 pounds and almost 2 sizes. Yet this Wii "game" still calls me overweight, and I'm the chubby one of the Mii family!!!! How's a girl supposed to stay motivated? I'm very excited over my progress and the pounds and inches that have been lost. I'm still struggling to lose those last 5 pounds to reach my personal goal and doctors' advice (not to mention the Wii will finally tell me "normal weight"). Please cheer me on! Pray for me to finally stick to a healthier lifestyle. I don't think I have the option of returning to my old ways since I'm firmly stuck in the over 40 category, and according to my doctors, this is just part of the aging process - which is how I put on 20 pounds in the blink of an eye. Why do I see so many skinny 40 somethings at church? Do they have better genetics than I do? I'm looking forward to my new resurrection body, but until then, I'm praying to stay healthier and happier with this old body!

1 comment:

suzie said...

You are doing fabulous and I commend you for sticking to your new lifestyle. You are making good choices and you look awesome. Don't let some dumb computer tell you if you are fat or skinny. Do not compare yourself to others. God has made you the way you should be not a "certain" size because the world's 40 somethings look like that size. He loves you and you are honoring HIM with your new lifestyle.Keep it up! I love you just the way you are! As a side note, my mom has looked her absolute best over the 40's and into her fifties!
"Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God." I cor 10:31