Sunday, February 8, 2009

Today is February 11 - Happy Birthday to Don!!



Don 2009 - 48 years old


Don 1979 - 18 years old (love the hair!)

Happy Birthday to Don!! Or as the girls say...."you're old Daddy". When we first met, he did have blonde hair, but just not the long locks (he was in the Air Force). He says it took lots of hairspray to maintain that look back in the 70's. Everyone always wonders where our girls get their blonde hair, now you know!!!

We will be celebrating his birthday in San Antonio. We're leaving this morning to go with Sarah's choir for their TMEA performance. Looks like Mexican food is a must for tonight!!

I will set aside my sarcastic sense of humor for a minute to let Don know how much I appreciate him. He ALWAYS puts our family first and is 100% involved and engaged with our family. I tell the girls they are so lucky to have a daddy like Don. I didn't have that experience growing up and I know he is shaping our girls to become wonderful women. Thank you Don for adding fun to our family. If it were up to me, we would be totally practical and never leave home. After 18 years of marriage I think I'm starting to learn to go with the flow (Don is saying "oh, really"). But thanks for loving me when I don't. I'm so grateful that he is slow to anger and puts up with my tirades over the "ant hills" as he calls them. And just because he loves me, he cleaned out his closet!!! Probably got tired of hearing me complain, and even though the mess didn't bother him, he spent the time to make me happy. Don is a wonderful man, friend, husband, and father. I pray for my girls to marry someone like their daddy. We've grown up together over the last 18 years, and I can't imagine life without him.

I love you Don and Happy Birthday!!! Can I be sarcastic now and crack some old-man jokes???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Beth Birchfield:

Don's 48 today??? Wow! I thought he's like 44 or 45... Happy Birthday to Don!!!

Anonymous said...

aww...don, I love you too.
Happy Birthday to you!