Friday, January 23, 2009

More dog pictures


Sam: "Does anyone know of a retirement home for old dogs?"


Sam: "Why did my family bring home 2 crazy dogs?"


Dixie: "I'm tired after going on a run with Don, but give me a tennis ball and I'll play!"


Ranger: "Why do Sarah and Katie keep humiliating me? I've got to quit being so nice!"


I had to post this funny picture of Ranger and then thought I would add the other 2 dogs as well. Don and I are struggling to make a decision about Sam, our 15 year old lab mix. She is not doing well health wise, and we took her to the Vet today to talk about options. She is just not the same dog she used to be and part of it is old age and having 2 young dogs around who constantly harass her. Sometimes we feel for her safety because Dixie and Ranger can be so rough with her. Anyway, without going into all the pros and cons, please keep our family in your prayers as we try to decide what is best for Sam and for our family. And to all of you dog lovers out there, don't read or go see "Marley and Me" without plenty of Kleenex!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Houdini is so old and neither of his back legs work well. It is sad. Therefore, I am NOT going to see Marley and Me. Thanks for the warning.

Unknown said...

I am right there with you girl!!! We can go through this awful desicion making process for our dogs together.